Thursday, November 19, 2009

Oh, the Places We'll Go - part 2




When I signed on for this deal twenty-three years ago, I had such a dim view of the possibilities.  I don't know what I was invisioning other than the two of us in our little house on Mackey Street.  I must have thought we would grow gray together, but didn't give much thought as to how that would happen.  I couldn't see all of the struggles we would have, all of the disappointments and conversely all of the joys and thrills.  I didn't know we would be part time parents not only to your kids, but to a variety of others from all different lands and cultures.  I didn't know we would live in four different states in at least seven different houses.  I didn't know we would be constantly renovating, and when we were not doing that traveling.  We've seen the slums of Egypt and Mexico and the view from the Eiffel tower.  We've hiked, climbed, canoed, flown, cruised, and in deference to me,taken a train whenever we can.  You've put up with my love of animals, and I've put up with your love of anything sports.  We've loved, hated, discussed, argued, agreed, disagreed, and I wouldn't have it any other way.

No comments: